Artist: Little Dragon
Song: Klapp Klapp
Album: Nabuma Rubberband
move to this….
Song: About You
So I’m in Saint Louis….
- first of all i have a white impala and if anyone from the Los Angeles trip knows what white impalas are known for - you better pray for me.
- got lost twice (before leaving the rental car parking lot — see first bullet)
- Sweetie Pies was dope. I came. I did. Something touristy. And I moved on.
- This hotel is absolutely incredible. It’s beautiful, very urban and hipster, QUITE minimal; you know it’s a must for things to be minimal.
- there was a box of magnums on top of the gideon bible inside the nightstand. this hotel, if for no other reason, wins for that. oh and the incredible artwork too.
- the concert - as always - made me cry. to actually hear signature Reich pulsing live in person from center house just moved me there. i couldn’t help but cry. and Carmina Burana is a very misunderstood piece. I feel that everyone should take the time to understand it before coining it demonic or archaic. The shit was written in ‘36. Can’t be but so archaic.
- now i’m debating whether to get into some trouble or carry my geriatric ass to bed. i mean - after all - i did fall asleep two sections before the finale. but whatevs.
Saint Louis is treating me well so far. all. by. my. damn. self. (!!!)
now - to save up my coins so that my house can look like HGTV within the next 6 months.
this was right before the descent…
"Love (Instrumental)" - Mos Def | Black on Both Sides (1999)
- while i’m glad to finally have my haircut after a month, it would be even more incredible to have a barber who had some concept of the word “taper” — it looks like my neck line stops/starts at my ears.
- pat metheny made me cry today. again. it’s one thing for a song to make me cry. it happens often. in fact, music is the one thing that can make me cry more than anything else in the world. even if i’m sad and can’t get the tears out, half notes and quarter notes and dissonant chords will push them motherfuckers right down my face. HOWEVER, for a particular song to make me cry more than once is rare. and i swear he gives me proof on “The Way Up”
- today feels like sunday - therefore my bags are completely packed for my trip. i just wish i had one of those extended battery juice packs. because the iPhone 5 battery is almost as reliable as public transportation.
- here’s a thing about my
tumblrcrushes: they’re like magazine subscriptions. it’s something new every month. they hold my attention well. i get all up in that cerebral space. swipe all their cologne samples. get into them over a gin & sprite conversation…and then, never recycle, but always add to this masterpiece collage of mine.
- i can’t wait for brunch.
- this cali playlist is gon be the shit. all the artists from last night + Flying Lotus, Teebs, Me’Shell N’degeocello,
dynamics of the subway
each note from the instruments is represented by a geometric shape in the animation; while these shapes move in sync with the song, they also form the parts that create the subway itself.
Artist: Son Lux
Song: Lost It To Trying
Artist: The Love Experiment
Song: Take Off Your Cool (Cover)
(i do this cuz it’s raining for us)
minus the actual lyrics,
the actual commentary is how I feel about everything played on mainstream, syndicated radio in the 21st Century.
"and that’s a number one hit - [no] that’s a piece of shit."
Song: Last Transit (Interlude)
Artist: Uyama Hiroto
the problem is — ain’t nobody around
to understand the music enough
to make love to it.
and that’s why i keep
that vile in the
Prod. Iman Omari
Artist: Brad Mehldau
Song: Hungry Ghost
Album: Mehliana: Taming the Dragon
yeah i’m kinda on this now.